I have never in my life truly hated anyone. Before this political cycle, I didn’t think I had the actual ability to hate. The recent crop of Republican politicians have proven me wrong. I don’t like feeling this way and I know it’s unhealthy, so I’m praying to God to help rid me of the absolute loathing I feel. I also need to help myself, so I think a little venting is in order. I say screw the Republicans for the following:
- Nominating that mendacious, weak-willed, punk-ass Mitt Romney, who is so afraid of the nut-ball wing of his party that he won’t even champion his own very successful healthcare reform plan.
- Lying. Yeah, lying. About. Every. Freaking. Thing.
- Cynically and maliciously passing voter suppression laws and saying that they’re trying to prevent voter fraud, a problem so frighteningly rampant that a whopping 86 people were prosecuted for it between 2002 and 2007. That’s out of the 300 million people who voted, by the way. Stop treating us like we’re stupid! We know the fix is totally in.
- FOR NOT TELLING CONDI SHE HAD A HUGE ASS SMEAR OF LIPSTICK ON HER TEETH
- Fighting tooth and nail for the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest while at the same time trying their damnedest to dismantle the safety net (Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Temporary Aid to Needy Families, extended unemployment benefits) that in this Great Recession more and more people find themselves in need of (And no, I don’t resent wealthy people for being wealthy. I’d just like for them to pay their fair share).
- Using people’s economic fears, their shortsightedness and just plain ignorance to
advance their evil agenda to take over the worldSorry: win the election. I meant win the election.
- Did I mention that they lie? Blatantly so. See Paul Ryan’s speech at their convention. I mean, seriously? President Obama is to blame for a plant-closing that took place during the Bush administration? Note to P. Ryan: Duuude, you said that with a straight, Christian face? Props to you and your bodacious mendacity.
- Having the unmitigated gall to think they can invade my and every other American female’s vulva to satisfy their own so-called religious beliefs. And downplaying rape, redefining rape and employing made-up science to explain rape away to make us think that their wanting to have power over women in this way isn’t wholly sociopathic, dictator-like/I-want-absolute-power/refer-to-me-as-your-master bullshit behavior.
- Being so damned mean-spirited and bigoted as to deny gays and lesbians the choice to marry.
There’s so much more, but this is the final one:
- Screw you, Mitt Romney for being the Republican nominee and a moronic dolt without strength of character, moral fiber or anything remotely resembling a backbone.
Congratulations, Republicans, you’ve successfully put a worm on the ticket. SK-REW YOU!
Well, that felt good. I believe the healing has begun.